I link a couple of posts about how to improve my position in the road bike, that is as close as possible to the time trial, when you trailer. At the moment with today's action, I have seen a great improvement, which graphically show the entry tomorrow.
also give clues to my future actions, although narrate when done, it's not just knowing what to do but take the time and desire to do so.
First of all I've done has been to cut the bars of the couplings. The first day I put them saw that it was too long and put me on the bike greatly missed. I measured them on a couple of fingers and finer home 3cm saw that I could remove without problems. I did cut the straight part of the bars, because the curved part does not want to touch a priori, to continue to have that area for grip.
At the end of the bar put a little duct tape, that provides the framework and serve to tighten while cutting carbon:
with a caliper (professionalism at all), we measured 3 cm and with a permanent marker, mark the tape, to proceed then the cut:
We put the bar in a hose clip, which is protected with rubber pads, so I was not grating of the couplings (the bike is sacred ...):
With a saw metal, began to cut. We must begin carefully, slowly, but seems to carbon cutting costs and chips, the cut is very clean without much effort, but do not forget that we are dealing with a serious issue:
If you look, advanced cutting, it is releasing a carbon dust. This is a good sign, ensures that the cut can still be checked, since the recess is more easily controlled and does not dance:
Eye to the last steps of the court. In the whole operation will take 5 minutes and then hours and hours that are going to use the dock, not to be impatient. It gently hold the last part, until the piece of carbon to remove, being cut off completely.
Once cut, we see that is just flash. All that remains is shredded duct tape:
But be fine ... and is very cute to pass a little sandpaper, leaving end softly and looking as if it were new:
And you're a bar. I've been a little conservative with 3cm, because I feel like if you later remove 0.5 cm, no problem. However, if you spend cutting, and no remedy.
For the whole operation I have had the invaluable assistance of my colleague Miguel Angel, who has taken all necessary cutting and protect my rods. After testing in the afternoon the couplings and see that it has improved my position, I can invite you to a coffee morning for the effort and time spent.
Wow, I just came to mind tomorrow been requested the day off ... well, nothing happens, it's the thought that counts. 've Seen publicly that my intention was to invite ...
Thanks Miguel Angel:
Of course, the pijerĂa has made a critical measure was the maximum that would continue to see the mark once cut HED. To cut to 4cm could still see the mark. If more ... HED goodbye ... (Well, not that I have a commission, but is ugly look cut points).
Here is a bar first and then cut the other:
And once cut, with the new length is only put on the bike:
also give clues to my future actions, although narrate when done, it's not just knowing what to do but take the time and desire to do so.
First of all I've done has been to cut the bars of the couplings. The first day I put them saw that it was too long and put me on the bike greatly missed. I measured them on a couple of fingers and finer home 3cm saw that I could remove without problems. I did cut the straight part of the bars, because the curved part does not want to touch a priori, to continue to have that area for grip.
At the end of the bar put a little duct tape, that provides the framework and serve to tighten while cutting carbon:
with a caliper (professionalism at all), we measured 3 cm and with a permanent marker, mark the tape, to proceed then the cut:
We put the bar in a hose clip, which is protected with rubber pads, so I was not grating of the couplings (the bike is sacred ...):
With a saw metal, began to cut. We must begin carefully, slowly, but seems to carbon cutting costs and chips, the cut is very clean without much effort, but do not forget that we are dealing with a serious issue:
If you look, advanced cutting, it is releasing a carbon dust. This is a good sign, ensures that the cut can still be checked, since the recess is more easily controlled and does not dance:
Eye to the last steps of the court. In the whole operation will take 5 minutes and then hours and hours that are going to use the dock, not to be impatient. It gently hold the last part, until the piece of carbon to remove, being cut off completely. Once cut, we see that is just flash. All that remains is shredded duct tape:
But be fine ... and is very cute to pass a little sandpaper, leaving end softly and looking as if it were new:
And you're a bar. I've been a little conservative with 3cm, because I feel like if you later remove 0.5 cm, no problem. However, if you spend cutting, and no remedy. For the whole operation I have had the invaluable assistance of my colleague Miguel Angel, who has taken all necessary cutting and protect my rods. After testing in the afternoon the couplings and see that it has improved my position, I can invite you to a coffee morning for the effort and time spent.
Wow, I just came to mind tomorrow been requested the day off ... well, nothing happens, it's the thought that counts. 've Seen publicly that my intention was to invite ...
Thanks Miguel Angel:
Here is a bar first and then cut the other:
And once cut, with the new length is only put on the bike:
The benefit is not only that I have to go far to grab. Another factor I've noticed is that a coupling too long ago a sail effect that reduces the maneuverability of the bike on downhill bends, especially if there is air. It seems not, but at 60km / h turns with a couple of bars of 21mm in diameter that protrude too far over the imaginary line connecting the handles, makes you feel the same respect when you go down with a goat, which gives no sense of security.
Tomorrow will update with pictures of the result, compared with the corresponding positions and an outline of a few simple things I do to correct the position further.
Tomorrow will update with pictures of the result, compared with the corresponding positions and an outline of a few simple things I do to correct the position further.
0 comments:
Post a Comment