Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Community Service Verification Letter Sample

Sylvia Plath, Third Voice


hot noon in the meadows.
The buttercups are smothered and melt
and lovers
passed by, fly by.
are black and flat as shadows.
is so beautiful to have no strings attached!
'm lonely as the grass.
What I miss?
Did you ever find, whatever it is?

Swans were. The calm river
remember what targets were.
Try to reach them with their lights. Find
forms a cloud.
What is that bird that cries
with such sadness in his voice?
I am young as ever, he says.
What I miss?


THIRD VOICE:
Hot noon in the meadows. The buttercups/ Swelter and melt, and the lovers/ Pass by, pass by./They are black and flat as shadows./ It is so beautiful to have no attachments!/ I am solitary as grass.  What is it I miss?/ Shall I ever find it, whatever it is?// The swans are gone.  Still the river/ Remembers how white they were./ It strives after them with its lights./ It finds their shapes in a cloud./ What is that bird that cries/ With such sorrow in its voice?/ I am young as ever, it says. What is it I miss?

Sylvia Plath (Boston, 1932 - London, 1963), I prefer to be vertical but horizontal , Mondadori, 1999. Griselda Garcia version

0 comments:

Post a Comment