Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chancre Or Ingrown Hair

improve the position on the bike. Vol 2

Yesterday I upgraded to the tutorial on how to cut carbon bars feedback and as promised, here is a picture in which improvement is achieved.
The photo on the left is the last Saturday, the first day I put the fittings. The qualification is perhaps a little Sunday drive, but you can see that I too cast. I have marked in red
the right angle that should be my arm drives. You see how he almost surpassed by about 30 º (green line).
In the center photo, as well ... I've seen people worse. With that position and I can leave. They are made of 90 degrees, but my arms are positioned just a few degrees more. This is the position I did on Wednesday, simply cut coupling 3cm. When approaching the area the beginning of the curve fitting, not grab me so far and I'm not lying.
Another thing I did was delay the reposacodos 1cm, which have several placement positions and the first day I put them in the marking instructions, olvidándoseme he could win there some angle, without changing the length of the stem.
The photo on the right is the tri Banyoles last year. I take my time trial bike and see that I am perfectly square to my arms to be coupled. Between the center position amateur and crack on the right, there are things that can be edited and others not. Obviously the angle of the vertical tube of the bike time trial, 78 º, it'll make it to the road (the frame geometry is different), but a key to realizing a possible solution is to set my back is more pararela the floor with the time trial bike with the road.
The evolution of man Darwin:
In more detail you can see here the gain. I overlapped my position on Wednesday, with Saturday.
is seen that the elbows are more delayed (1cm what won the game itself that gives the position of the screws reposacodos) and hands closer to the levers after cutting than before.
Before cutting the bars in the foreground:
And in this picture, the foreground is the position after cutting. Here is the difference better hand position. Since I have not made any modification that changes the length of my forearms, it has resulted in get closer to the angle at the elbow:
And now compare with the positions I have in the time trial bike.
Before cutting the bars, the difference from the ideal position was palpable:
After cutting the bars and delay the armrest, the difference that makes a bike reaches the 90 ° perfect and the other no, is that time trial bike makes my shoulders are more advanced (higher angle in the vertical tube box) and be more forward cast joins bear the lowest power:
Well then, comfort is to prioritize especially when the goal is Ironman. If you opt for the road bike is because there will be a test to go 100% engaged. We must try to optimize the coupled position, but only if the benefits of the road bike are not diminished. The ups and downs comfort is essential. As I frankly
comfortable now, I will make two simple changes that do not involve me much, for improved aerodynamics.
The first is the simplest. Is to exploit the regulation of their own 1cm reposacodos to move toward the center. Thus the umbrella against the wind effect will be smaller. If my flexibility lets go with a smaller distance between elbows, then I welcome that improvement. If I see is an effort to piece together my elbows 2cm (1cm reposacodo), because I return to the current position of the French bulldog. This change does not affect the angle of my elbow, but it does raise a few mm my chest, to gather more elbows. Of course, premium plus the benefit of the elbows together, the loss of aerodynamics to rise a bit more (which is almost negligible).
The second is also simple, but aesthetically it may require to proceed to a second derivative. Pipe fork of my bike is long and I have not cut. I have room to raise and lower the power. Right now I have placed in the middle, but I can lower it a couple of caps (red arrow in photo). Power down one or two positions is a greatly improved aerodynamics when shooting trailer. In contrast, the back and will not be so comfortable and I noticed worse ups, downs, taken down ... I'll go down first a power position and see if I feel so bad. If I do well, because under another. If I do well, because I can let down at all, although it would be a too "racing" for the road. If I am wrong, but doing better coupled They have to reach a compromise position, losing aesthetic, while maintaining all the features of the road bike.
Of course, if you finally decide to stay with the lowest power, will have to consider cutting the excess power for IMTS (green arrow in photo), because as it stands now, is not entirely wrong, but about too high above, no longer makes sense to have it and not look good. A cap is always a good margin, but three or four, is overkill. Anyway, if necessary, before cutting, make a few miles to be completely safe and never leave the bare pipe with power.
schematic picture of my two upcoming shows:

0 comments:

Post a Comment