anxiety overcame me, and then the concern, when I knew you were coming:
horror that I could see so touched with this shadow,
dull hair, the hair, the sun never tired of brown. Terror
also that you were not the same-that remained in my memory while
curious to see again a living.
been so long since anyone came here,
while nobody had a soul or a dog,
when I heard your steps and your voice calling me, when you finally
shook more than you were embracing life. After your heat I
condensed, dried me as a vessel,
and walked through the dark
running again with that machine
thundering in my chest and a burning coal in the middle of the legs.
walked in your arm, imagining and light,
trees with which we walked,
that
mirrored room where we floated like two drowned.
Until suddenly you step became nervous, frightened
your thinking like a horse,
and saw you were trying to let go of me,
to get rid of the deadly trap of matter.
"Do not go, I pleaded not leave me here, let me see again
clouds and sun,
let go by the world as a Thracian filly." But you were running
toward the exit,
and for seven days and seven nights I heard you cried, sang
how the hell riverside
our old song, "The distant, only the farthest lasts."
horror that I could see so touched with this shadow,
dull hair, the hair, the sun never tired of brown. Terror
also that you were not the same-that remained in my memory while
curious to see again a living.
been so long since anyone came here,
while nobody had a soul or a dog,
when I heard your steps and your voice calling me, when you finally
shook more than you were embracing life. After your heat I
condensed, dried me as a vessel,
and walked through the dark
running again with that machine
thundering in my chest and a burning coal in the middle of the legs.
walked in your arm, imagining and light,
trees with which we walked,
that
mirrored room where we floated like two drowned.
Until suddenly you step became nervous, frightened
your thinking like a horse,
and saw you were trying to let go of me,
to get rid of the deadly trap of matter.
"Do not go, I pleaded not leave me here, let me see again
clouds and sun,
let go by the world as a Thracian filly." But you were running
toward the exit,
and for seven days and seven nights I heard you cried, sang
how the hell riverside
our old song, "The distant, only the farthest lasts."
Horacio Castillo (Ensenada, 1934-2010), in platelet Aberrant subject, Ediciones Delano, Santa Fe, 1999.
0 comments:
Post a Comment